Fire rips through Norcross apartment building | News
NORCROSS, Ga. -- An entire apartment building was displaced on Saturday after a fire ripped through 20 units in Norcross.
Gwinnett County Fire Department officials believe the fire was an accident sparked by an electrical outlet.
The fire then spread by the wall to the upper floors and attic and finally the roof.
A passing driver is credited with calling 911 after seeing the flames at Tuscana Apartments. Crews said the fire was tough to fight due to the windy conditions. Despite the conditions, the estimated 50 firefighters managed to get the fire under control in about 45 minutes.
Nobody was hurt and now the Red Cross is helping the 20 families who were in the apartment find places to stay.
Firefighters on the scene also helped residents remove belongings from their units before they left the scene.